When booking out of the office meetings, it can be a challenge to remember to include travel time as a consideration. CalendarHero can now automatically include travel buffer time for external meetings booked via a chat platform like Slack or MSTeams.
If the travel location requires travel buffer time then your CalendarHero assistant will ask the meeting creator if they want to schedule travel time for the meeting.
- To use tell your assistant the full address - for example: "Book a meeting with Sam at 150 Eglinton Ave E, Toronto, ON M4P 1E8"
- CalendarHero is intelligent enough to know when the meeting is external and how many minutes it will take you to walk or drive.
- If the meeting requires travel time, then an in-chat prompt will ask meeting creator if they want to schedule travel time around their meeting.
- When a meeting time slot is selected, two additional meeting events are automatically added (before / after).
- The meeting invitees do not see the additional time blocks, it is only added to the meeting creator’s calendar
- Supports rescheduling: If the original meeting is moved or cancelled, the traveling meeting events are also automatically changed/deleted.
Travel Buffer Rules:
- Location is <6></6>
- Location is <20></20>
- Location is 20 minutes (walking distance) then we DO prompt for travel buffer time (assume: “you will need to drive”)
- Location is 4 hours (driving time) we don’t do anything (user should fly!)
Disabling Travel Buffer:
Travel buffer time is on by default. To disable Travel Buffer Time please visit your meeting settings: https://app.calendarhero.com/settings/meeting#general
If you need further assistance, please contact us.