How do I Schedule Meetings?
CalendarHero works where you work, and now offers several ways to schedule meetings! Read on for tips on how to schedule your first meeting using your favourite platform.
Keep in mind - CalendarHero includes an intelligent group algorithm that automatically finds the best time for all invitees even in complex group meetings. Therefore unlike some other scheduling software CalendarHero makes it easy to invite multiple internal and external stakeholders to a meeting, intelligently finds the best time to meet based on the requirements you set, and helps ensure that the meeting is booked as quickly as possible.
Need to schedule more than 5 meetings a month? Upgrade to the Pro or Team plan.
- The CalendarHero web-based scheduler (https://app.calendarhero.com) makes it super quick and easy to schedule any meeting; even those complicated ones!
- This is the most popular way to schedule group meetings, and offers a traditional web interface for ultimate control.
- Recommended for users scheduling group meetings with external invitees; such as clients.
- TIP! The Web App is also where you can customize your powerful meeting types and general meeting settings. We highly recommend setting these up before you schedule.
Personal Scheduling Link
- Personal Scheduling links are a public URL that you can share with anyone to easily self-book a meeting with you!
- Recommend for users who want to add a self scheduling option to an email or DM. Create multiple links for different meeting types!
- One of the easiest ways to get started with CalendarHero: Learn more about Personal Scheduling Links
- Login to the CalendarHero web app to view and customize your scheduling links now: (https://app.calendarhero.com/)
- Ask your assistant in natural language to schedule meetings for you using your favourite chat platform - such as Slack or MSTeams.
- Chat scheduling takes a bit more practice for some, but is a great option for simple meeting requests or internal meeting scheduling.
- Chat users can also query their calendar, cancel or postpone meetings right from chat.
Email Plugin (Outlook or Gmail)
- If you live inside of email, and want to quickly book meetings then:
- The Outlook email plugin is a great add-on to use for Microsoft users
- Our Google Gmail add-on (available in the G Suite Marketplace) is recommended for Google users
Customize Meetings Settings
Before you schedule your first meeting we recommend personalizing your meeting settings. This allows you to schedule your meetings more quickly by using pre-set preferences and / or by leveraging your assistant's artificial intelligence.
Learn more about General Meeting Settings or unleash the power of CalendarHero by creating and customizing your Meeting Types for speedy scheduling!
Schedule a Meeting - via Personal Scheduling Link
These instructions are for you if you want others to easily self-book a meeting with you, based on your availability.
Go here to learn all about Personal Scheduling links - they are a great way to get started with CalendarHero
Schedule a Meeting - via Web
These instructions are for you if you are scheduling meetings using the CalendarHero web scheduler.
This is the most popular way to schedule group meetings, and offers a traditional web interface for ease of use and more control!
To schedule a meeting from the Web App login to app.calendarhero.com and then click the "Schedule <Meeting>" link on your dashboard or go directly to the web scheduler here (or from the left nav menu "Schedule").
Step 1: Invitees
The web scheduler will first prompt you to select your invitees - e.g. Who should be invited to your meeting? Simply search by name or email to select from your synced contact list. The calendar invites will be send to the email address that appears.
Tip! Remember CalendarHero automatically syncs your contacts from your connected platforms, so you can quickly schedule a meeting with them. You can always connect even more 3rd party providers here.
Need to add a new contact? Simply click on the "Add New Contact" button in the dropdown. You will be prompted to enter the individual's name and email.
Need to select a different email address? If your invitee has more then 1 associated email address you can specify the default address by selecting it via the dropdown menu. The calendar invites will be send to the email address that appears.
Need to a mark a contact as VIP? Learn how
Step 2: Details
Next you can customize your meeting details, including the meeting title, meeting type, duration, location and agenda. Here is a breakdown of all the Meeting Settings you can configure:
- Meeting Types: Meeting types enable you to pre-configure your meeting settings, and then reuse those settings for faster meeting scheduling. While CalendarHero includes a number of pre-configured meeting types out of the box, you can fully unleash the power of CalendarHero by creating your own custom meeting types. Once created you simply select the meeting type on this step and all the related settings will update accordingly. This makes it quick and easy to schedule any type of meeting! Add Meeting Type or Learn More
- Time Frame: Specify a time range for when the meeting should be booked. For time sensitive meetings you may want to limit this range. For most meetings we recommend offering a wider time range so invitees have more options. CalendarHero will automatically find the best time within this time range that works for all attendees. Learn More
- Availability Window: The Time Frame will be pre-set with the Availability Window from the associated Meeting Type. To view the pre-configured settings toggle on "View Availability Window". You can customize the Availability Window further for a specific request by clicking on any day and adjusting the time ranges per day. Learn More
- Specific Time: CalendarHero is built to intelligently find the best time to meet, so for most meetings you won't need to specify the exact meeting time. However if you already know when you want to meet then instead of setting a Time Frame simply specify the time using the "Specific Date" option. Learn More
- Meeting Title: The Meeting title represents the subject of your meeting. Meeting Titles will appear in the meeting invite and calendar event sent to your attendees. Update the default meeting title by replacing with your own. Learn More
- Duration: This is how long your meeting will last for. Duration can be from 15min minimum to 8 hours maximum. Meeting Duration will appear in the meeting invite and calendar event sent to your attendees. The default for this setting comes from your associated meeting type.
- Location: The location field can be used to enter an address, a phone number or an on-the-fly static video conferencing URL. The location will appear in the meeting invite and calendar event sent to your attendees. The default for this setting comes from your associated meeting type.
- Video Conferencing: If you have enabled a video conferencing link for the associated meeting type it will automatically be added to your meeting invites, so your invitees know how to connect with you. A confirmation will appear here for reference. Learn More
- Agenda: Enter your Agenda to easily share information with your meeting attendees. Agenda details will be automatically added to the meeting invite and calendar event. Learn More
Step 3: Invitations
Before your assistant sends out the meeting invitations you will be able to confirm the details.
Once you are ready to send the invitations you have two choices; either have your assistant send the invite on your behalf, or easily copy a private meeting link and send it at your convenience; for example via email or SMS.
- Send Invite: Your meeting assistant sends the invite on your behalf - learn more
- Get Invite Link: Copy a private meeting link to send directly to your invitees - learn more about private meeting links
Invite to External Invitees
Invite for Internal Invitees
If you are using CalendarHero with others in your organization, and you invite only them to a meeting you will be able to quickly select a mutual available time, or choose to let them decide. If you let them decide you will have a choice to either send the invites via your assistant or a private meeting link.
Step 4: Your Invitations have been sent!
If you opted to have your assistant send the invitations on your behalf - then you will see a confirmation and your assistant will take care of the rest. Meeting invitees will automatically receive an email from your automated assistant asking them to select a time. Learn more about what invitees see when you invite them to a meeting.
- Internal Meetings: If you and your invitee(s) are both CalendarHero users, your assistant will provide some time slots that work for everyone so that you can select a time right away. Once you select your preferred time the meeting is set and the invitees automatically notified.
- External Meetings: If your meeting includes an external invitee (or you selected the "Let them Decide" option for internal invitees) then when you reply with "Yes", your assistant will inform you that it will email your invitee(s), introduce itself as your assistant, and ask them to choose a time-slot based on your availability. Learn More
- An Overview: Internal vs External Meetings
That's it! You are officially on your way to easier meeting scheduling via web :)
Schedule a Meeting - via Chat
These instructions are for you if you are scheduling meetings using a chat platform like Slack or MSTeams...
Schedule a Meeting - via Outlook Plugin
These instructions are for you if you are scheduling meetings using the Outlook Plugin...
Once you have your assistant integrated using the Outlook Plugin it's easy to schedule a meeting by using the shortcut buttons in the "Connect" or "Actions" tabs -OR- by asking your assistant using natural language in the "Chat" tab. Learn more here: How does the Outlook Plugin work?
- Connect tab is context-aware and provides shortcuts to actions you can take in relation to the contact that sent the email you are currently viewing. Click "Schedule a Meeting" to quickly start a meeting request with the person you are emailing with.
- Actions tab gives you shortcuts for actions you can take related to other contacts or tasks that do not require a contact. This makes it easy to initiate a request for frequent tasks like asking when you are free or initiating a meeting (with those other than just the email sender).
- Chat tab say to your assistant: "Book a meeting with Mary and Sam next week for 2 hours". Your assistant will know who your invitees are if you have interacted before. It may ask you for an email address if it's an unknown contact. You can add a lot of information during the initial meeting request, or modify the details as you go
Schedule a Meeting - via G-Mail Add On
The Gmail Add-On is available in the G Suite Marketplace. It allows you to:
- Create a meeting request with the sender user of the highlighted email with a specific meeting type
- Getting insights on the sender user of the highlighted email
- Insert a meeting type scheduling link in a new or replied email
Learn more here: How to use the Meeting Assistant Gmail Add-on
All - Meeting Progress (staying up to date)
- Rest assured no matter how you schedule your meeting - your meeting assistant will keep you updated on the status with notifications throughout the invite process. Learn More
- You can also view and manage your active meeting requests from your Active Tasks page in the web app. Learn how to manage your meetings from Tasks
- You will be notified once your invitees accept / selects a time. Learn more about what happens when you invite an invitee to a meeting.