How do I customize my Availability Window?
CalendarHero makes it easy for you to choose when you want to be available for each Meeting Type. The Availability Window is a powerful feature that gives you control over the days and times each meeting type can be scheduled. Customize calendar scheduling for the way you want to work!
Availability Window includes the following options:
- Time - Is there a time of day you prefer for these type of meetings to happen? Simply set the hours, or add time ranges with different hours and invitees won't be able to select time outside this range. Don't make this too narrow if you are meeting with external clients, as it will limit the time offered to them.
- Day - Are there specific days of the week you prefer for these type of meetings to happen? Simply select the days you want to offer availability and omit those you don't.
- Customize Times per Day - Set different availability per day plus set different ranges for different days of the week. For example create a meeting type that offers availability on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9am - 5pm, on Thursdays from 9am - 12pm and 2 - 7pm, and Fridays as "No availability".
Use Case Examples:
- create dedicated days for client training sessions - e.g. only Mondays and Wednesday
- set a wide availability window for sales demos from 8:00am - 7:00pm to accommodate new leads, but then limit internal team meetings to only occur between 10:00am - 4:00pm for more work life balance
- make sure you get time for a well deserved lunch break by customizing time ranges that block off lunchtime
- allow screening interviews to take place 7 days a week, to ensure flexibility during peak hiring
- block of Fridays as "No Meeting Days" so you have dedicated time to catch up on other work
- While all plans have access to Availability Window, only users on the Pro and Team plans can add multiple time ranges per day - Compare Plans
Meeting Type: Availability Window
For all your Meeting Types you can customize your Availability Window to control when invitees can book associated meetings with you. Since CalendarHero always syncs with your real-time calendar availability any Availability settings are always layered on top of your real-time free availability.
Customize your Availability Window from the "Availability " tab. To edit your regular availability for that meeting type simply click on any day in the week. A pop-up window will appear allowing you to customize the time ranges for that day.
- To omit an entire day toggle "Available" to off. Days marked as "Not available" will NOT be included in the availability offered to your invitees.
- To add new time ranges click "+Add a time range".
- To create a block simply omit that time using time ranges. For example to set a 12-1pm lunch block during a typical 9-5pm day set your range to 9:00am - 12:00pm AND 1:00pm - 5:00pm.
Customizing the Availability Window per meeting
When you schedule a meeting using the web scheduler the Time Frame section (on the Details tab) will be pre-set with the Availability Window from the associated Meeting Type.
To view the pre-configured Availability Window toggle on "View Availability Window". You can customize the Availability Window further by clicking on any day and adjusting the time ranges per day. These updates will only apply to the individual meeting request you are sending.
How does Availability Window relate to Working Days?
The days you have set under Working Days will be used as the default to determine which days are available for your new / unedited meeting types. Working days however will be overridden by your Availability Window settings. Therefore if you have Monday through Friday as your working days, but you update your meeting type to only include Tuesdays and Thursdays, then any meetings associated with that meeting type will only be able to be booked on Tuesdays and Thursdays.